X als user unter freeBSD??

A

Andre

Foren Gott
hi!
hab jetzt X unter BSD configuriert..
soweit so gut...hab als WM windowmaker installiert...und dieser lässt dich als root aus klasse benutzen...nur krieg ich das als normaler user nicht hin...
einer nen tip wie ich das teil als user starten kann??

wrappa

http://bsdvault.net/viewtopic.php?topic=783&forum=1

reicht das??
(falls du kein englisch kannst *g*. versuch nen programm names wrapper..)

Oder wenn du selbst machen willst ..

"Now that X was configured it was time to get it working for non-root users. I switched to my normal user account and tried to start X. I got an error because /usr/X11R6/bin wasn't in my path so I added that to my PATH variable in my .bash_profile file (If you use a different shell you'll have to change a different file.) and started X again. This time it came up without a problem.

The window manager that came with NetBSD (twm) was pretty dull so I decided to try the Ice Window Manager because I heard it had some nice features but didn't use a lot of resources. I downloaded the package from the NetBSD site and installed it. I then had to tell XFree86 to use that instead of twm. I copied the default xinitrc file from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit to my home directory as .xinitrc so my changes wouldn't be system wide and replaced twm with icewm. Then I started X and was greeted by a brand new window manager."

mkay?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
THX!
hab im irc schon hilfe gefunden...
ein einfaches
touch .xinitrc
und
vi initrc
exec wmaker
hatts gebarcht ;)

hehe

ja sorry,