Debian SID: xserver-xorg-core update vermeiden...

C

Clownish

none
Nach dem ich erstmal selbst reingerannt bin, und Ubuntu anscheinend ja ähnliche Probleme hat:

Summary: - Unstable users,
please place xserver-xorg-core 1:1.0.2-9 on hold,
or retrieve it from testing
or fetch your latest video driver from
experimental.

- Users of testing and stable are not affected.

An upload of xserver-xorg 1:1.1.1-3 was incorrectly made to unstable today. The intended target was experimental. The correct current version for unstable is 1:1.0.2-9.

The chief binary package affected is xserver-xorg-core. Other affected packages are xdmx, xdmx-tools, xnest, xserver-xorg-dev and xvfb.

1:1.1.1-3 corresponds to X11R7.1, while 1:1.0.2-9 belongs to X11R7.0.
The consequence of this upload is that old X11R7.0 video drivers in unstable will fail to load and the Xserver will fail to start, with an error message similar to:
(II) LoadModule: "i810"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/i810_drv.so
(II) Module i810: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 7.0.0, module version = 1.5.1
Module class: X.Org Video Driver
ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 0.8
(EE) module ABI major version (0) doesn't match the server's version (1)
(II) UnloadModule: "i810"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/i810_drv.so
(EE) Failed to load module "i810" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
(EE) No drivers available.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Please choose one of the following actions as a temporary workaround:
1) place xserver-xorg-core 1:1.0.2-9 (and the other xserver-xorg packages) on hold
or
2) if you have already been affected then grab your xserver-xorg package from testing and downgrade back to 1:1.0.2-9
or
3) come join the future and grab your new video driver from experimental Versions of latest video drivers and other X11 packages in testing, unstable (old X11R7.0 versions, both) and experimental (new X11R7.1 versions) are summarised at http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-x@lists.debian.org

We apologise for the inconvenience. Discussions are underway atdebian-devel to further evolve our processes to help reduce the ikelihood of this mistake being made again in the future.

X11R7.1 is nearly ready for unstable in its own right and should have arrived within the fortnight.

Drew Parsons
on behalf of the X Strike Force

Danke an Trigger (debianforen.de)

Achja lustigerweiße funktioniert meine i810 troz update noch.. allerdings nur mit 'startx -- -ignoreABI'