kernel panic - help!!!

Dieses Thema im Forum "SuSE / OpenSuSE" wurde erstellt von shizzo, 12.11.2003.

1. shizzo

shizzo Grünschnabel

Hi everyone!!

I tried to install new kernel 2.4.22 and i cant boot suse 8.2 with that new kernel installed.
    I did all that i should to get it compiled and no luck. I keep getting that
    Kernel Panic:VFS:Unable to mount root on 03:09.

Now i've done a little reading and found out that "03:09" means that it cant mount root on hda9, and that's exatcly where the root was (& still is in file safe mode).

I've tried with all hda's in menu.lst (for grub) and nothing exept on some hda's (hda1 and hda6) but they are marked as ntfs read-only partittons in booting proces and for them comes message... failed to open (load) init

i have AMD Athlon 1000
    256Mb DDR
    IBM 40Gb Hdd with 4 ntfs partitions.

....oh yes...when i was configuring kernel i did sellect ext2 and ext3 so its not that )

If you need more information, i will give you everithing just to learn how to solve that problem that's been bothering me every time when i try to compile the kernel (because this is not the first time...i had that problem on suse 8.0 also, when i tried to compile 2.4.20
    i got the same message) --then its got to be something with config and i don't know what

so if there is someone that could help or even try to help, i would be very greatfull

2. Anzeige

Schau dir mal diese Kategorie an. Dort findest du bestimmt etwas.
    Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 redlabour, 12.11.2003
    redlabour

redlabour -

Hi,

and welcome !
    But this is a german Board !

4. #3 bartlaby, 12.11.2003
    bartlaby

bartlaby Tripel-As

Haren, Niedersachsen (Immer dem Schnaps nach)
    maybe you selected ext2 and ext3 as modules?
    if so compile it into the kernel

5. shizzo

shizzo Grünschnabel

no, they are built-in

6. tr0nix

tr0nix der-mit-dem-tux-tanzt

You possibly have no SCSI/PCI Support for your harddisk in your Kernel. This would at least explain the first error you've notices with the "Unable to mount...".

Thema:

kernel panic - help!!!

Die Seite wird geladen...

kernel panic - help!!! - Ähnliche Themen

1. Kernel Panic GRUB 2

Kernel Panic GRUB 2: Guten morgen ich habe folgendes Problem: Ich habe mit Hilfe des minimalen CD-Images das System mit Stage3 Images aufgesetzt, neuen Kernel...
  2. Linux Kernel VFS Panic HP Thin Client

Linux Kernel VFS Panic HP Thin Client: Hallo, ich denke der Thread Titel beschreibt mein Problem schon im Groben. Also ich habe hier einen HP Comaq t 5000 Thin Client vorliegen, auf...
  3. Laufend Kernel-Panic nach routinemäßigem fsck

Laufend Kernel-Panic nach routinemäßigem fsck: Hallo, ich habe ein komisches Phänomen bei meinem Laptop entdeckt, dass irgendwie mit fsck, NetworkManager und dem iwl4965 bzw. der Firmware...
  4. Crux - Kernel panic - unable to mount root fs

Crux - Kernel panic - unable to mount root fs: Servus, ich möchte gerne Crux 2.5 installieren, aber ich scheitere nach der Installation beim Bootvorgang. Ich gehe nach dem offiziellen...
  5. Kernelpanic bei XEN installation, modules.dep wird nicht gefunden

Kernelpanic bei XEN installation, modules.dep wird nicht gefunden: Hi, ich habe Probleme bei einer XEN Installation. Debian 5.0.0 und XEN 3.3.1 Debian als Standard installiert, benötigte Pakete nachinstalliert...