k3b als User

illtiss

illtiss

Routinier
Hi ich habe mal wieder was. Sonst ging das auch immer das ich k3b nutzen konnte, als uSER halt. Nur dieses mal sehe ich : Er kann nicht brennen da er keinen Brenner gefunden hat. Ich schaue nach und ich habe als brenngruppe users genommen, da bin ich auch drinn. als Root findet er unter Brenner mein Combo shit. Als user findet er den Combo shit als CD Laufwerk also Lesegerät und nicht als Brenner was nun?

1.) Was hast Du denn für einen Kernel?!
2.) Normalerweise legt man ja eine Gruppe zum brennen an ('burning') und konfiguriert als root entsprechend sein k3b.

Mfg, Lord Kefir

Haste den Einstellungsassistenten auch mal genutzt?

ja hab ich ich habe den 2.6.8.1-i386 standard Kernel

http://k3b.plainblack.com/index.pl/news2

Do not use Kernel 2.6.8

A patch that was introduced into the kernel shortly before the 2.6.8 release makes K3b and also the dvd+rw-tools unusable on Linux (unless run as root but that is not recommended). The very important GET CONFIGURATION MMC command is rejected by the kernel for reasons I cannot see and writing commands like MODE SELECT also fail (K3b cannot detect CD writers without it) even when the device is opened O_RDWR. Until this issue has been solved I strongly recommend to stick to kernel version 2.6.7.

Update: The kernel guys are currently fixing the problem so the next kernel release should work again. :)

Update 2: The problem is NOT fixed in 2.6.8.1

Update 3: Be aware that kernel 2.6.8 also contains the memory leak which makes it impossible to write audio cds, even as root.

Darauf wollte ich hinaus ;)

So weit ich weiß, gibt es aber irgendwo 'nen patch.

Mfg, Lord Kefir